Last Updated: February 03, 2015
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Site. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, when you contact us by email, we may collect your name, email address and any information contained in the email you send, as well as any documents and materials attached to your email, so that we can respond to your email.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the various sections of our site, to help us make our site more useful to visitors, to analyze trends, administer the Site, and to better tailor our Site and services to our users’ needs.
- Web beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of information we collect
We use personal information collected through our Site for the purposes described in this Policy and disclosed to you on our Site or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Site, products, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, products, and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and other requests;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and/or
- link or combine it with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Sharing of personal information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business, or assets, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified information.
Third party websites
Our Site may contain links to third party websites. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Site and go to another site and another entity may collect personal information or anonymous information from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Policy do not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection of your personal information after you click on links to such outside websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
In an endeavor to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help safeguard and secure personal information we collect from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk.
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any material changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. Any changes to this Policy will be effective thirty (30) following our posting of notice of the changes on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Site. Continued use of our Site, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
Your information choices and changes
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions; contacting Adamas
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or our data collection practices, please contact us as follows:
Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
1900 Powell Street, Suite 750 Emeryville, CA 94608