Associate Director of IT Applications and Business Intelligence is responsible for full range of activities associated with business applications, business intelligence and reporting systems. This will involve all aspects of management, planning, analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of solutions, and day to day operations in addition to managing third party suppliers.
Individual in this role will be responsible for understanding business needs and coordinating with business partners across various functions for application and business intelligence services. They will serve as trusted advisor to business units and as facilitator to align IT initiatives to business strategy to ensure business priorities are met.
Individual in this role will manage, support, develop and implement IT applications and business intelligence reporting systems in collaboration with various business functions.
The role is both business and technical focused with incumbent required to have high level technical understanding of Enterprise applications, Data warehouse, Business Intelligence and Reporting tools and technology.
- Manage technology programs, applications and vendors. Staff these programs with appropriate internal and vendor resources, ensure that they follow established processes for execution. Also ensure clear and timely communication of program status with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage with service providers and work with cross functional teams to ensure effective interoperability of services and technologies and assures alignment of solution designs with Adamas standards, policies and procedures, as well as any regulatory requirements
- Research and identify key new technologies that will advance technology capabilities and improve organizational efficiency.
- Work with system owners and end users to define business and understand business requirements, translate them into technical solution design; Ensure solution design and configuration meet these requirements.
- Collaborate with team members, developers (internal/external), vendors and systems owners in the planning, design, development, deployment and testing of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Work with product vendors and service providers to address technical issues and provide a solution or workaround to end users.
- Manage, Plan, design, configure and deploy solutions using Veeva CRM Suite, Veeva Commercial Content and Tableau
- Manage new and existing solutions in addition to providing day to day application support issues from multiple customers
- Manage and provide level 3 application support of Commercial and Medical Affairs applications
- Monitor and resolve application issues by working with vendors and service providers
- Coordinate testing, including end-user reviews for modified and new systems and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Business Administration or an equivalent level of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience in managing and supporting IT applications & business intelligence solutions in Biotech, Pharma or Life Sciences Company
- Minimum 4 years of experience implementing and supporting Veeva CRM, VeevaVault (Promomats) and Tableau dashboards and reporting solutions
- Excellent knowledge of Biopharmaceutical commercial & clinical functions and IT solutions.
- Excellent management, leadership, organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with active-listening skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Proven adaptability to shifting project schedules, priorities and assignments; Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Proven track record of success in driving operational excellence, including coordinating and driving issues to resolution autonomously utilizing excellent judgment skills
- Recognized as subject matter expert in areas of enterprise applications and business.
- Experience working in a regulated networking environment (SOX and 21CFR11) and working in a Commercial staged Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology company
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced IT environment.
- Good understanding of SDLC and project methodology such as waterfall and agile(preferred)
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required.