The Director, Corporate and Product Communications at Adamas will support the development and execution of Adamas’ Corporate and Product communications strategies, develop positioning and core messaging, execute tactically, build relationships with key channels, and effectively communicate about the Company and brands to constituencies. Reporting to the VP, Communications and Engagement this person will be a main contact for advocacy relationships, forging partnerships and leading on strategic collaborations. The Director will work closely with Product Brand team(s) to develop and and execute effective communications, media and PR activities to support brand strategy and positioning, including corporate communications around scientific and medical milestones.
- Support the execution of a broad and effective corporate communications strategy and plan for the company;
- Support the Corporate Brand, positioning and messaging, collateral and delivery, including company website; social and digital media communications strategy and execution;
- External corporate communications material development including press releases, factsheets, and annual report;
- Manage advocacy relationships and develop effective, strategic partnerships and collaborations, oversee company-wide advocacy planning and tracking, including guidance to the field sales force, and ensure materials and collateral are accessible, with a company approved image bank, and reflective of agreed positioning;
- Partner with the R&D team to ensure messaging is accurate and sound scientific judgement;
- In support of the Product Brand teams, ensure all Brand materials are consistent with the Corporate sensibility and tone;
- As a key member of the Product Brand team(s), develop and execute communications, media and PR activities in support of the brand strategy, ensuring effective measurement;
- Manage outside agencies and firms to support Corporate or Product Communications, including PR/media, collateral ;
- Refining content generation and approval processes (ERC);
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree with strong science, biotech, healthcare acumen; advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in Corporate and/or Product Communications or similar role required, with extensive experience working in-house with publicly-traded company(ies);
- Proven experience in development and execution of media relations programs and PR activities;
- Skilled in broad product and medical communications activities; patient advocacy experience desired;
- Proven track record of managing external agencies and corresponding budgets;
- Track record of success as a trusted company spokesperson to the media and advocacy communities;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas and get buy-in. Ability to convey complex concepts and strategies, on technical and non-technical topics, both orally and in writing;
- Excellent listener; seeks broad input and feedback to quickly gain consensus;
- Deep knowledge of compliance (including Fair Disclosure and other SEC-related regulations);
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Strategic-thinker who executes well and with high attention to detail;
- Fit with Adamas culture and values.
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required.