The Director, Opinion Leader Engagement will be an integral part of the commercial organization who will interface with thought leaders and societies and create a comprehensive engagement plan aligned with Commercial Strategy. He/she will be responsible for the strategic development and operational execution of systematic influence mapping, thought leader engagement, commercial congress plans for top tier Parkinson’s Disease congresses and professional society engagement. This role will require customer engagement, strategic thinking and project management expertise and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders within the Commercial organization and other functions such as Medical Affairs, Legal, Compliance, Corporate Communications and Advocacy. This position will report to the VP/SVP, Marketing and is based in Emeryville, CA.
- Oversee the thought leader engagement function by setting the strategic vision of the function, develop and enhance processes;
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for commercial engagement of opinion leaders and professional societies relevant to Parkinson’s Diseases to support engagements as well as be an in-house expert/resource on thought leaders that interface with Adamas;
- Facilitate strategic and tactical plans with cross functional leaders within Adamas to build and populate thought leader engagement plans, including annual plans as well as tracking & coordinating engagements throughout the year;
- Develop and maintain a cross-functional thought leader engagement platform;
- Manage third party vendors for creation of a National Influence Map based on systematic analysis of thought leader professional relationships;
- Liaise with Compliance department to ensure alignment with Corporate Compliance Policies;
- Manage the relationship with the project team, including cross-functional colleagues as it relates to tracking engagement with thought leaders, visibility of profile information, and CRM requirements;
- Create and execute annual Advisory Board plan with regional components;
- Develop and execute a comprehensive congress strategy & plan for all therapeutic areas for top tier Adamas congresses;
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of relevant sales/marketing experience, or Master’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience, or PhD with 5 years relevant experience;
- Experience in CNS (including Parkinson’s Disease and/or Multiple Sclerosis), strongly preferred;
- Ability to work in an ever evolving environment as well as a proven track record of working effectively in diverse teams involving multi-functional disciplines;
- Ability to develop & foster relationships internally & externally;
- Autonomous project management experience, with a strong attention to detail;
- Prior experience in facilitating & leading cross functional teams;
- Exceptional verbal/written communication, time/resource management, problem solving, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to travel 30-40% domestic and international;
- Successful experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas culture and values.
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required.