The Benefits and HR Analyst is directly responsible for the ongoing operation of health, welfare, leave and 401(k) programs and policies. They are also charged with maintaining accurate HR and Benefits data and records in the Workday HRIS system. Further, this role supports, in an analytical role, the annual compensation analysis, planning and administration cycles as well as the processes that accomplish ad hoc employee job and compensation changes. This role is based in Emeryville, CA and reports to the Director, Total Rewards and HR Systems.
- In partnership with the benefits brokers and vendors, analyze existing benefits programs and policies to ensure competitiveness in the labor market and regulatory compliance. Continually research ways to enhance our benefits and wellness offerings in a cost-effective manner to support the company objective of attracting and retaining top talent.
- Support the ongoing health and smooth operation of our employee benefits programs. Deliver the new hire benefits orientation. Provide new employees with an explanation of their benefits and instruct them on enrollment procedures. In addition, communicate benefits programs to employees through vehicles such as employee health fairs, newsletters, briefings and intranet communications. Ensure accurate and timely payment of benefit program invoices.
- Participate in annual and periodic compensation and benefits surveys with Radford and other survey vendors and analyze the results, making recommendations as necessary for adjustment to pay programs, structures, policies, etc.
- Maintain the accuracy of data in the HRIS and benefits systems, including current and historical employee records, benefits enrollment data, company organizational charts, compensation and job tables, etc.
- Assist the Director, Total Rewards and HR Systems, as needed, to support the annual compensation analysis, planning and administration cycles as well as the processes that accomplish ad hoc employee job and compensation changes.
- Complies with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- 5+ years’ progressive experience with benefits administration, leaves of absence administration (FMLA, CA PFL, workers’ compensation), ADA, COBRA, 401k, ACA, policy development and compensation administration.
- Hand-on experience with Workday or comparable HRIS system required.
- Professional compensation/benefits certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of human resources principles, industry practices, state and federal laws and regulations as they relate to their areas of responsibility.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and attention to detail and data sensitivity/confidentiality.
- Must possess exceptional skills in Microsoft office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Strong MS Word & advanced Excel skills. Experience with Workday preferred.
- Excellent problem identification, resolution, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to propose, initiate and handle workload of diverse scope and complexity, establish goals and objectives, and manage projects to completion.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with proven ability to work in a collaborative, teaming environment, influence others, deliver exceptional customer service, and lead initiatives with impact.
- Successful experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas’ culture and values.
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required.