The Associate Director, Commercial Finance (FP&A) is primarily responsible for providing financial leadership to the organization’s Commercial function. The role will focus on the analytics that support financial planning, budgets, forecasting, monthly close support, and project management. The role will be a hands-on resource to senior management, project/brand leads, and department heads. This position reports to the Sr. Director, FP&A and is based in Emeryville, CA.
- Manages FP&A responsibilities in support of the Commercial organization and leadership, including planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities, monthly close support, and variance analyses;
- Partners with project team leads and department heads to ensure consistency between project goals, timelines, and financial plans;
- Conducts ad hoc financial modeling to support tactical and strategic decision making such as business case development, cost analyses, and sensitivity analyses;
- Recommends and implements enhancements to the financial planning and budgeting systems that generate project and activity-based reporting to meet internal business and SEC requirements - ideal candidate will own FP&A system administration to support planning processes;
- Provides financial management and oversight over Adamas’ contracts as well as any key partnerships, collaborations or licensing deals;
- Participates on special projects as assigned;
- Complies with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- M.B.A. preferred with a minimum of 8-years’ experience providing financial support within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or investment banking industries;
- Prior experience with ERP systems, Tableau, FP&A tools, and system implementations preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to perform trend analyses and forecasting;
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP);
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively influence senior management and business partners to enable optimal decisions for Adamas;
- Demonstrated ability in exercising sound judgment and working independently with minimal supervision and/or guidance
- Well organized and a strong attention to detail;
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas culture and values.
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required.