The Manager / Sr. Manager, Accounting will have a critical and highly visible role in maintaining and developing accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements.Â The Manager / Sr. Manager, Accounting will prepare, understand, analyze and provide explanations of consolidation of financial statements, comprehensive fluctuation analyses, inventory and cost of sales, and disbursements.Â This role will routinely partner with others across multiple functions ensuring proper alignment with policies and controls for financial reporting, in accordance with US GAAP.Â This position will be a hands-on resource to senior management and business owners. This position reports to the Director, Accounting and is based in Emeryville, California.
- Leads recurring monthly or quarterly review meetings with assigned business groups to review purchase order status of expenses such as consulting and other services;
- Performs account reconciliations, analysis and prepare journal entries for assigned department accruals and amortizations;
- Execution of month-end close activities including analysis/reconciliation and presentation of inventory and cost of sales and their related general ledger accounts;
- Partners with manufacturing team members to ensure accurate accounting of inventory activities, maintain strong inventory and cost of sales controls, coordinate physical inventory counts, and maintain accurate and complete documentation;
- Owns financial consolidation of general ledger, prepare and analyze the balance sheet, income statement, and cash spend trend and flux reports for monthly finance close meetings;
- Prepares, reviews and provides analytical analysis and key performance indicators to management;
- Partners with FP&A on budgeting and forecasting of COGS;
- Cross-trains in other accounting management roles and duties;
- Designs efficiencies, test and implement for cost accounting / inventory modules in ERP system;
- Supports and ensure compliance with GAAP and related SOX controls and procedures including developing and updating procedures to enhance efficiency;
- Other projects as needed to support COGS/Inventory and the assigned departments;
- Complies with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- 7-10 yearsâ€™ business experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry;
- Financial analysis skills and deep understanding of accounting concepts;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment;
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business (Accounting/Finance/Economics) or related field;
- CPA preferred / MBA a plus;
- Knowledge of inventory and manufacturing accounting a plus;
- Highly proficient in Excel;
- Able to work well in a team environment but also as a self-starter;
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas culture and values
To apply for this position please send your resume toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ with the job title Â in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters please.