The Counsel / Senior Counsel, Healthcare Law, will support legal matters related to the strategy and execution of commercial, medical, and clinical activities. This position reports to the Assistant General Counsel and is expected to work closely with other members of the legal and compliance group, as well as executive, commercial, medical, regulatory, and clinical teams. This position is based in Emeryville, CA.
- Serves as a strategic business partner across the organization by providing legal support and counsel related to sales and marketing activities, medical affairs, and clinical development;
- Provides advice, training, and legal direction on FDA-labeling and promotional matters; educates clients on current enforcement trends;
- Acts as lead counsel for one or more pharmaceutical brands, including participation in cross-functional committees charged with developing strategies and reviewing promotional and scientific communications;
- Counsels and provides training and advice on appropriate interactions and engagements with healthcare professionals, patients, managed care entities, and healthcare institutions;
- Works collaboratively across a broad range of functions developing and maintaining effective working relationships to facilitate a team-based approach to meeting corporate objectives.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Juris Doctorate required and state bar license;
- At least four (4) years of experience with a healthcare-related law firm or as part of a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company’s legal department (a combination of private practice and in-house experience preferred);
- Understanding of healthcare fraud and abuse laws, FDA regulatory rules, managed care, patient privacy, and government enforcement activities;
- Experience advising clients on commercial and scientific activities related to an FDA-approved product and pipeline products, including participation in cross-functional review committees;
- Ability to understand the strategic and tactical objectives of the business and provide regulatory, transactional, and general legal support as needed;
- Must have excellent business judgment, people and management skills, and be a collaborative team player;
- Successful experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas’ culture and values.
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters please.