The Sr. Director / Vice President, Commercial & Corporate CounselÂ will support all legal matters pertaining to the strategy and management of commercialization activities and general corporate matters for the company. This position reports to the Chief Business Officer, General Counsel, Compliance Officer & Corporate Secretary and is expected to work closely with other members of the legal department, as well as, the Executive Team in the execution and ongoing management of agreements/contracts, compliance, and regulatory agencies as required. This position is based in Emeryville, CA.
- Serves as a strategic business partner across the organization by providing legal support and counsel as it pertains to the commercial development and lifecycle management Adamas products;
- Participates in commercial and medical review committees;
- Counsels and provides training on corporate policies and procedures, PhRMA code, applicable laws and regulations;
- Supports marketing and medical affairs programs, including healthcare professional and entity engagements, grants, research publications and contracts;
- Oversees all elements of commercial, clinical and HCP contracting, including assisting in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating managed markets, Government Pricing Office (GPO), distribution contracts;
- Understands and supports Intellectual Property strategies;
- Supports finance in all SEC reporting requirements, such as, 10-K, 10-Q, Proxy, Form 4â€™s;
- Partners with human resources as it pertain to compliance and employee relations matters;
- Represents Adamasâ€™ interests in legal matters with external suppliers, partners, etc. and collaborates with outside counsel as needed;
- Identifies risks and proposes alternative structures to mitigate risks involved in potential transactions;
- Closely aligns with other members of the legal team, client groups, and senior management to provide consistent advice across the company;
- Works collaboratively across a broad range of functions developing and maintaining effective working relationships to facilitate a team-based approach to meeting corporate objectives;
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Juris Doctorate required and state bar license;
- At least 10+ years of significant experience as attorney in or for pharmaceutical industry including general contracting, product corporate development activities and product commercialization;
- Combination of private practice and in-house experience preferred;
- Must have excellent business judgment, people and management skills, and be a collaborative team player;
- Significant experience in interacting with senior management;
- Experience working on complex business relationships and related transactions where critical thinking, strategy, tactics, and coordination are required;
- Keen attention to detail with the highest quality of work;
- Hands-on energetic approach and style with a strong work ethic;
- Successful experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamasâ€™ culture and values.
To apply for this position please send your resume toÂ email@example.comÂ with the job title in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters please.