The Director, Medical Affairs is responsible for overseeing the direction, planning, execution and interpretation of scientific data to advance Adamasâ€™ programs, creates and executes training initiatives, and manages vendor relationships in alignment with department goals and objectives. This position reports to the Vice President, Medical Affairs and is based in Emeryville, California.
- Provides process and scientific support for the development and review of medical content including slide decks, presentations, publications and standard response letters;
- Participates in the review of promotional materials;
- Supports the medical publications program through interaction with medical writing vendors, authors approval processes, develops abstracts, posters and manuscript outlines and ensures compliance with internal guidelines;
- Manages educational grant procedure, applications and approvals, tracking and payment processes;
- Provides scientific training for field medical, commercial and vendors;
- Identifies and screens appropriate vendors, solicits and evaluates proposals;
- Supports, plans and attends (as required) scientific congress via pre-meeting planning and post-meeting reporting;
- Maintains and updates the Medical Affairs resource and Adamas literature libraries;
- Develops and /or supports Medical Affairs quality control activities including metrics analysis across activities (MSLs, publications, Phase IV and IITs) and file management
- Manages the planning and execution (as necessary) of medical advisory boards, internal meetings, training and conference activities. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- develops and distributes agendas, invitations and minutes;
- communicates with internal/external stakeholders to ensure deliverables are met;
- maintains timelines/implementation plans and ensures activities are on track;
- facilitates contracting and budget activities;
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- MD, PharmD, PhD in a scientific discipline required, advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum of 6-8 yearsâ€™ progressive experience in the pharmaceutical industry in medical affairs, medical communications, medical information, scientific affairs or similar area, or completion of a pharmaceutical industry fellowship;
- Neurology experience strongly preferred;
- Understands US healthcare environment, clinical research processes, FDA and other federal regulations, and ethical guidelines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven meeting planning and team facilitation skills;
- Ability to create, track and plan timelines and budgets along with managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving capabilities;
- Knowledgeable of database management systems, such as Veeva Vault, etc.;
- Occasional travel (up to 25%) for conferences and meetings;
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas culture and values.
To apply for this position please send your resume toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ with the job title in the subject line. Principals only, no recruiters please.